Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Blog Intro Time!

My name is Melanie and I'm the artist behind "The Silver Branch". I'm a self taught polymer clay artist most of the time, and dabble in acrylic paint, cross stitch, wire wrapping, beading, tooling, sewing, papercrafting, journaling, and a multitude of other artsy things the rest of the time. I've never taken any classes for any medium, but that doesn't stop me from trying to learn from the words and advice from others in the field.

Well I broke down and decided to give it a whirl. I see so many amazing artists with blogs and I suppose I just wanna be like them. :o) More accurately, my journey through the arts and crafts realm has been such a fun, diverse and fast-paced experience that, now that I have my own legit business in the field, I don't want to forget my journey as I go. I wonder if polymer fumes can affect memory? Isn't it sad that I don't remember when I sold my first "Green Girl Box"? That shouldn't happen again!

So what will you find here? First off, this is really informal. I've never held a blog or site in which I just typed the way I talked. So that alone should be interesting. I'll be posting pictures of both my works in progress and my finished works. And my ramblings and thoughts about them. I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Not a commenter? See those little buttons below my post? Whenever my blog post is about a creation, you can just hit one of those little buttons to match your approximate feelings about it.

Lastly, I want to promote others! My artsy friends offline and the Etsy.com community have been a huge help in starting and continuing my business. Therefore, you'll find a weekly featured etsy shop at the bottom of the page (I couldn't get it to format on the left where I wanted it without it hanging off the screen... grrr...) and a featured etsy treasury in which my work's included with other great artists.

Click and explore, support and read!

1 comment:

  1. I can not wait to see some more of your creations! you works are always beautiful! And OMGoodness.. thanks for featuring my etsy shop! I am honored

    ReplyDelete